Shop by Collection
- Arts & Photography
- Biographies & Memoirs
- Business & Money
- Children's Books
- Christian Books & Bibles
- Comics & Graphic Novels
- Computers & Accessories
- Computers & Technology
- Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home
- eBook Readers & Accessories
- Education & Reference
- Education & Teaching
- Engineering & Transportation
- Gay & Lesbian
- Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Home page
- Humor & Entertainment
- Literature & Fiction
- Medical Books
- Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Parenting & Relationships
- Politics & Social Sciences
- Portable Audio & Video
- Religion & Spirituality
- Science & Math
- Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Sports & Outdoors
- Teen & Young Adult
- Test Preparation
- World Music
World Relief Network
How the Universe was Created and Our Purpose In It
Publisher: World Relief Network
Publication Date: 2010-12-09
Number of pages: 306
Every culture in the world and most religions have their own description of the creation of the universe, from where we came, and what we should do. Unfortunately, these are often short and generalized versions that lack details. Thus, they are often given the same regard as myths. However, there are descriptions that give more elaborate explanations of how the cosmic creation fully manifested, which are found in the ancient Vedic Puranas of India, some of the oldest spiritual writings on the planet. These descriptions provide the details and answers that other versions leave out. Furthermore, these Vedic descriptions often agree, and sometimes disagree, with the modern scientific theories of creation, and offer some factors that science has yet to consider.
Now, with this book, we can get a clearer understanding of how this universe appears, and if there is a way out of here. Some of the topics included are:
* Conditions in the spiritual world before the material manifestation
* How the Supreme Being exists before and after the material creation
* The ultimate foundation and cause of the universe is based on compassion of the Supreme. How the agitation of the modes of nature cause the appearance of time
* Detailed descriptions of the dawn of creation and how the material energy developed and caused the formation of the cosmos
* The Vedic description of the evolutionary development of the various forms of life
* The manifestation and purpose of the Vedic literature, the blueprints for the cosmos and life within
* Deep insights into the primal questions of, "Who am I? Why am I here? Where have I come from? What is the purpose of this universe and my life? Why the creation exists?"
* What is the primary source of the material as well as spiritual elements
* The many incarnations and expansions of the Supreme Being in the material creation
* How everything is but an expansion of the Absolute, and much more.
This book will provide some of the most profound insights into these questions and topics.
To add some adventure, there is also a special travel section to the holy places of northern India, and to some of the locations that are directly connected to the Indian legends of the universal creation and ancient history. With this tour is included rare descriptions and over 70 photographs of templs and Deities, ancient holy sites, the Himalayas, along with sages and people of the region. The book is over 300 pages, trim size of 6" x 9", with Index, References, and Glossary. Published by The World Relief Network, P. O. Box 15082, Detroit, MI 48215-0082.
Other books by Stephen Knapp that readers have enjoyed include,
"The Secret Teachings of the Vedas,"
"The Universal Path to Enlightenment,"
"The Vedic Prophecies: A New Look into the Future,"
"Toward World Peace: Seeing the Unity Between Us All,"
"Facing Death: Welcoming the Afterlife," and
"Proof of Vedic Culture's Global Existence."
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION